Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word. All attachments must be included in the correct format. FFHD will not convert your files or reorganize incorrectly coordinated submissions. The preferred format for manuscript submissions is Microsoft Word file with figures and tables embedded in the designated area, as described in our instruction page for authors.
Confirm that all contributing authors of the manuscript have read and authorized the submission of the article, all included content is true and correct to the best of your knowledge, and that you have ethical approval for any human or animal experimentation (for more information see our Instructions for Authors).
- The text is spaced 1.15; uses a 12-point font, Times New Roman; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Upload your cover letter in the "Supplementary Files" section of submission process. The cover letter should explain the importance of your topic, it relevance to the main focus of our journal, and explaining any special circumstances. In the cover letter, please specify that you are able to pay publication fee (895.00 USD) and provide the names and contact information of 5 qualified reviewers.
Provide a list of the correct email addresses for all manuscript authors. This contact information is necesscary to confirm receipt, acceptance, and publishing information with all contributors.
- Please be sure to read our instructions for authors and verify that all information has been included properly in your manuscript. Incorrect information or formatting will result in a substantial delay in publishing time.
An article processing fee of $895.00 US dollars will apply for every submission to cover costs associated with publication. Once the author has received an email notification of general acceptance, payment must be completed within 10 days. Article processing charge discounts or waivers may be applied on a case-by-case basis to authors with financial hardships. To apply for a waiver or discount, please contact the editorial team at email@example.com. A decision will be made within approximately 3 business days. Submission of the article to the journal may be delayed until a final fee for the author has been decided. However, the content of your article may assist in the editor’s decision. Any applicable article processing charge must be paid prior to publication.
All authors including the submitting author are responsible for the article publication fee, promising to complete the necessary arrangements for payment within 10 days of general acceptance.
Yes, I am the corresponding author of this article. I accept the terms and conditions of submission of the journal Functional Foods in Health and Disease.
Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement
The Journal of Functional Foods in Health and Disease (FFHD) considers publication ethics to be of the utmost importance. In order to uphold the scientific integrity of our journal, we are committed to maintaining high standards of honesty and accuracy in each and every one of our publications. Unethical practices such as plagiarism and falsification of data are not tolerated.
We have outlined below the duties and responsibilities of each major party in the publication process including: editors, authors, and reviewers. This statement was based on the Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
"Publication Ethics and Malpractice Statement." AACE. Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), 2013. Web. 27 May 2015.
- Publication Decisions: After reading comments by the editorial review board, the editor may accept, reject, or suggest changes to the manuscript.
- Review of Manuscripts: He/she must perform an initial review of the manuscript in order to check for originality. Then, the editor should send the manuscript in blind peer review form to reviewers, who at this point, may accept, reject, or suggest changes to the manuscript.
- Unbiased Review: The editor must review manuscripts based solely on intellectual and scientific content, and not be swayed by authors
- Confidentiality: Prior to publication, manuscripts and related information must be kept confidential.
- Disclosure and Conflicts of Interest: FFHD editors may not publish and/or submit manuscript material as his or her own work without the author(s)’ written consent.
- Reporting Standards: Author’s manuscripts should be an accurate account of their research methods, results, followed by an objective empirical discussion. Manuscripts should follow the guidelines dictated on the FFHD website: http://www.ffhdj.com/
- Originality: Authors must take care to describe only their original work in their manuscripts.
- Multiple, Redundant, or Concurrent Publications: Authors should not submit identical manuscripts or descriptions of the same research to more than one journal simultaneously.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Authors should acknowledge and/or cite all sources that contributed to the manuscript, influenced its research, or helped with its completion.
- Authorship: Individuals should be named authors only if they made significant contributions to manuscript conception, design, completion, or analysis. Other significant contributors must be named as co-authors.
- Data Access and Retention: Authors should provide original data to FFHD as well as keep copies of this data for reference.
- Fundamental Errors in Published Works: If the author(s) discovers a significant error in their submitted manuscript, he/she must report the error to the FFHD editor.
- Confidentiality: Reviewers must keep all manuscript information confidential prior to publication.
- Acknowledgement of Sources: Reviewers should ensure that authors acknowledge all relevant sources used in the study. If reviewers notice suspicious similarity of information between current or prior manuscripts, it must be reported to FFHD’s editor.
- Objectivity: Manuscript feedback should be scientifically objective, without bias, clear, and supported by arguments.
- Promptness: If a reviewer believes that he/she will not be able to thoroughly read a manuscript within the required time frame, he/she must reported this to the FFHD editor so that the editor can find a replacement reviewer.